On February 28, 2012 the Lincoln City Council had confirmed its February 2011 offer with modifications requested by County and Auburn staff.
Staff from the County, Lincoln and Auburn are working together to implement this mutually beneficial regional sewer project.
All three agencies recognize that conveying sewage to Lincoln for treatment is the best long term solution to compliance with water quality requirements. A single larger regional treatment plant can more cost effectively meet increasingly stringent water quality standards. The Lincoln plant started operations in 2004 and was laid out to serve the future needs of Lincoln as well as the larger regional needs of treating Auburn and North Auburn sewage.
The regional sewer project includes three main parts:
1) Sewage pump stations at Auburn and North Auburn Wastewater Treatment Plants
2) Pressurized pipe from each of these pump stations to convey swage to the City of Lincoln
3) Expansion of the Lincoln Wastewater and Reclamation Facility to accommodate the Auburn and North Auburn sewage
The project will also benefit the environment by removing treated effluent from sensitive foothill streams that serve as spawning grounds for the endangered Steelhead Trout and Salmon.
The first steps in the project include environmental review and design. These steps are expected to be complete in 2013 with construction starting later in 2013 or early 2014.
As documents related to the project are prepared they will be posted on this site for public review. Please review the documents below, which include:
(1)Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement and Errata which includes a project description
(2)a letter introducing the project and letting people know how they can get more information about the project;
(3)Placer County News Release dated 05/29/2012
(4) Figure 2 - Overall Project Map with dashed alternate alignments;
(5)Pipes on Regional Sewer Project with dashed alternate alignments;
(6)Midwestern Placer Regional Sewer Project Draft Environmental Impact Report
(7) Notice of Public Review Period Extension to March 26, 2013 for the Midwestern Placer Regional Sewer Project Draft Environmental Impact Report
(8) The City of Lincoln, California is soliciting proposals for non-clog sewage pumps for Sewer Maintenance District No. 1 (SMD1) Regional Sewer Pump Station. The Request for Proposals (RFP) can be found at the download section below. Please also download Addendum No. 1 and Addendum No. 2 for the Regional Sewer Pump Station in the section below. Bidders must check the website regularly for addenda. Proposals must be submitted to John Lee at the City of Lincoln, City Hall, 600 Sixth Street, Lincoln, CA 95648 by 2:00 PM, local time, February 20, 2013.
(9)Final Environmental Impact Report can be foundat the download section below.
Public Services Department
City of Lincoln
600 Sixth Street
Lincoln, CA 95648
(916) 543-8516 fax
Addendum No. 1 Regional Sewer Pump Station (pdf) 31k
Midwestern Placer Regional Sewer Final EIR (pdf) 17546k
Regional Sewer Pipes alt alignments (pdf) 724k
Regional Sewer overall alt alignments (pdf) 1766k
NOP Regional Sewer Draft EIR Errata (pdf) 61k
Notice of Preparation of Regional Sewer Draft EIR 5-31-12 (pdf) 16657k
Addendum No 2 Regional Sewer RFP Submergible Pumps (pdf) 9k
Placer County News Release 5/29/12 (pdf) 63k
Regional Sewer Introduction Letter (pdf) 1834k
Midwestern Placer Regional Sewer Draft EIR (pdf) 0k
Regional Sewer Project DEIR extension notice (pdf) 20k
The PDF's used on this site require Adobe Acrobat 5.0. To download the latest version of Acrobat Reader, please visit Adobe's website.